We’re lucky to have such a nice scuba diving site, barely a few minutes from downtown Montreal - just on the other side of Mercier Bridge!
Last Sunday, a team of volunteers worked on the dive site and the dock, to get it ready for the 2013 scuba diving season in Montreal. We’ll continue this coming Sunday, April 28, 2013.
If you are available on Sunday… We’ll work on the dock and the shack, and then we’ll go diving! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can plan the team for Sunday.
And… You can already purchase an ‘access pass for diving at the Kahnawake Quarry’ to be ready for a wet Summer of 2013!
More pictures on Facebook.
Scuba Diving Montreal | Scuba Diving at the Kahnawake Quarry
For the opening of our new Montreal Dive Shop in the East-End of Montreal, PADI sent us a congratulation letter.
On behalf of all of us at PADI Canada and at our offices all around the world, I am writing to congratulate you on the April 19th opening of your new Total Diving Dive Centre location in the east-end of Montreal.
Total Diving, since its very beginning, has provided friendly and knowledgeable service that is second to none and we are thrilled that this great service will now be convenient to those who frequent the east end of Montreal.
An underwater jam! Sharks and scuba diving in Youngblood Hawke ‘We Come Running’ video.
You know that song playing on the radio a lot lately… ‘We Come Running’, by Los Angeles band Youngblood Hawke. Heard it? Probably! But… Have you seen the video?
They jam underwater! They scuba dive! With sharks!
Reason? They wanted to “get in the open water with giant sharks to prove to people that they aren’t the bloodthirsty killers Hollywood would like us to believe that they are.”
More info in Rolling Stone magazine: Youngblood Hawke Dive Below the Surface in ‘We Come Running’
I got an idea! You could learn to dive and do the same…
Scuba Diving Montreal | Learn to dive
The “Total Diving - Montreal Scuba” team is happy to announce the official opening of a new dive shop in Montreal, in the East-End of the island, on April 19, 2013.
“We already have a growing clientele of scuba divers in the East-End of Montreal due to the success of our PADI scuba diving courses at the pool of the College Marie-Victorin” declared Darcy Kieran, PADI Course Director and President of Total Diving Canada inc. “It’s just normal that we offer these scuba divers an equivalent level of services as what we’re offering in the Montreal West Island.”
Total Diving’s main dive shop has been operating in NDG for more than 35 years. “Our opening in the East-End is long overdue”, commented Sebastien Savignac, a PADI Course Director at Total Diving who also resides to the East of Montreal
The new Total Diving dive shop in the East-End of Montreal will open it’s doors at 10am on Friday April 19, 2013.
A ribbon cutting celebration will happen shortly after 3pm with Aqualung Canada’s representatives from British Columbia.
Scuba divers from the Greater Montreal region are invited to visit “Total Diving in the East-End of Montreal” on Facebook right away; and on location, during the opening celebrations on Friday and Saturday, April 19 & 20.
During these 2 days, in addition to some opening specials, there will be many door prizes. The first 100 scuba divers to come visit us will receive a little something from Aqualung Canada or Total Diving.
There will also be a draw for prizes among all visitors during these 2 inaugural days at the new Montreal dive shop in the East-End, including:
Write April 19 in your agenda and bring your dive buddies!
The address of the new dive shop in the East-End of Montreal is 6245 Metropolitan Blvd., St. Leonard (Montreal). In front of Marché aux Puces Métropolitain. Next to Tim Horton. At the corner of Langelier. Near highway 25. Accessible by the Metropolitan Boulevard and by Jarry Street.
Scuba Diving Montreal | Montreal Dive Shops
Total Diving is growing in the West Island and will be opening a new dive shop in the East-End of Montreal, in a few days.
We need help!
What’s the job?
We’re passionate about scuba diving! We want everybody in Montreal to go diving! We do whatever needs to be done to achieve this goal!
- Help clients on the phone
- Help clients by eMail
- Help clients in the dive shop
- Help clients via social media
- Receive and verify inventory
- Advise clients on scuba and snorkeling gear
- Advise clients on snorkeling and scuba courses
- Advise clients on scuba vacations
- Fill scuba cylinders: air & nitrox
- Visual inspect scuba and SCBA cylinders
- Prepare rental scuba gear for courses
- Prepare rental scuba gear for clients
- Verify rental scuba gear upon return
- Deliver scuba gear to various pools around Montreal
- Participate in Total Diving social media activities
- Have fun with clients… They are, first, dive buddies!
- Have fun with the rest of the team!
And the work conditions?
We do that for the ‘lifestyle’, not for the money! But, seriously… ‘It depends’ ;)
We’re looking for 2 new team members:
- Full time team member (40 hours per week)
- Full time in the Summer / Part time in the Winter team member
Is it for me?
Here are the requirements of the job. If you are interested and you’re missing some of these skills, we may be able to help you get them, but you need to be committed to achieving it quickly.
- Training in sales and customer service: ‘Gold Star Selling’ or equivalent.
- Be diplomatic and social.
- PADI Divemaster. Preferable: PADI Instructor.
- Bilingual: English & French; written & spoken.
- Good knowledge of products & services offered by Total Diving.
- Canadian driving licence valid in Quebec.
- Good knowledge of GMail.
- Good knowledge of computer tools including word processors and spreadsheets.
- Fast and accurate writing skills, in both languages.
- Good team member.
- Capable to adapt to a fast changing environment.
- Good physical shape to move scuba cylinders and wet dive gear!
- Be reliable with confidential information.
- Be autonomous, punctual and responsible.
- Preferable: Good working knowledge of Photoshop.
- Up to date first aid and CPR (less than 2 years).
- Oxygen provider for scuba emergencies.
- Fill station operator: air & nitrox. Preferable: trimix also.
- PADI Equipment Specialist course.
- PSI visual inspector.
Me! Me! Me!
If you are interested, send us a private message on our Facebook page; and send your resume to email@example.com
Scuba Diving Montreal | Montreal Dive Shop
Movie producer Stephan Parent is preparing a new movie about the Empress of Ireland. It is scheduled to be released in May or June, this year!
The Empress of Ireland has been the most deadly maritime accident in Canada and one of the worse in the World, besides the Titanic. The wreck of the Empress of Ireland lies right here, in the St. Lawrence River. You need technical diving skills to truly enjoy that dive.
You can follow the preparation of this movie on its official Facebook page.
We’re keeping an eye on it!
Scuba Diving Montreal